Pampering in Iceland
All of my loyal fans know I love to travel. But, you have typically seen me in warm places where I need only to pack my swimsuit. But, I was recently chatting with a Facebook friend who was in Iceland at the time, a country not at all on my list of places to visit, but he was having a great time, so I started to ask questions. What is there to do? Is it expensive? I liked the answers because they told me that Iceland is not just some very frigid country with nothing worth seeing or doing.
- I am so glad I made the choice to visit Iceland. I came back feeling as if I should have stayed much longer and I know for sure I will go back. What I learned there was truly fascinating. For instance:
- The population of Iceland is roughly 320,000, and 120,000 of them live in Reykjavik, the capital.
- 30% of all adults there have university degrees.
- There is 60,000 kilometers of roadway in the whole country.
- There are 130 waterfalls.
- The biggest export is fish. However, the most popular dish served is not fish, but hot dogs—the ones that go between buns–with the topping of your choice.
- 50% of the population believes in elves. Oh, yes, I asked, and not just because I’m taller than everyone.
- The country runs on 90% renewable energy!
One thing I will tell you is that Iceland is a rugged country you should see on your own. Leave your Louis Vuitton bags at home, get a backpack, rent a car (in my case a Ford Kuga 4×4, because it was the most masculine butch car they had), get a map and just go. You can see the whole country, a country that has the most thermal spas in the world for those of us who have to have SOME pampering.
If you go, I hope you enjoy it as much as I did. Here are some pics and a little interview my boyfriend and I did while I was driving that big masculine butch car.
Sign up to my web page: http://jayroberts.xxx/